2008/07/22

I faught the law and the law won

I was super disappointed when I got my PS3 because the PS3 uses something called HDCP which stops you from using any monitor or TV that doesn't have HDCP. So naturally my acer x191w which has DVI and VGA connections doesn't support HDCP. Which means when I connected the monitor to the PS3 using a HDMI to DVI cable all I got was a blank screen. I wasted like 10 bucks on the cable. I looked everywhere for a HDCP decoder or anything. After countless searches I gave up.

For some reason a year later here I am just for the hell of it searching again. After 2 hours or so of searching I find it:
http://www.green-box.com.tw/product/AV_GameSwitch.php
The PS3 GameSwitch. Supposedly removes the HDCP and allows any DVI monitor to be used with the PS3. I bought one, soon I will get it and see if it works.

EDIT: looks like they stopped selling them on the site here is another link:
http://shop.ariontechnologies.com/product.sc?categoryId=9&productId=23
I am guessing they aren't legal or something because links are coming down all over the place.

No comments: